If you have a dental emergency that requires immediate attention (toothache, broken denture, dislodged crown/bridge, cut/bite, tooth fracture, etc) contact us at +603 7733 5500 or +6016 2622 776 and we will get you in as soon as possible. If the emergency is life threatening, call 999 or 112 or go to your nearest hospital emergency room.
In the case of Dental avulsion (knocked-out tooth):
- Recover the tooth. Do not touch the tooth roots! Handle the crown only.
- Rinse off dirt and debris with water without scrubbing or scraping the tooth.
- Encourage the child to place the tooth in the cheek pouch or keep the tooth in a glass of milk or saliva (do not attempt to reinsert the tooth in case the child swallows it).
- Do not allow the tooth to dry as moisture is critically important for re-implantation success.
- Visit the dentist immediately.
Dentists do not attempt to re-implant avulsed primary (baby) teeth because the re-implantation procedure may damage the emerging permanent tooth bud. The re-implantation procedure has a higher success rate if it is performed within one hour of the avulsion, so TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE !